Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sikome Lake opening

June 23, 2016


Tonight I went to the re-opening of Sikome Lake in Calgary’s Fish Creek Provincial Park.  It is in the SE corner of Fish Creek near the Bow Valley Ranche. I arrived after a rain shower. I could smell the moisture in the air.  The sun had come back out and the evening was mild and the wind had subsided. It was a perfect night to get out the beach wheelchair. I ended up just watching a few people take it into the water, but it was fun to see the enjoyment it offered.

The enthusiasm was catching. My fellow Push to Open ambassadors were on hand. It was good to see many of the people in Alberta Parks who are advocates and leaders in the inclusion model within Alberta Parks. I am excited to go back and “get my feet wet” using the beach wheelchair.





Remember: “Everyone Belongs Outside.” So, go enjoy Sikome Aquatic Centre and get your feet wet in the outdoors. For more information go to Sikome Aquatic Facility

No comments:

Post a Comment